Tales From The Ridge

Friday, March 03, 2006

Bad, baaad joke

So I walked into The Framing Centre last night. Somewhat overwhelmed by the bewildering array of frames, wooden, metallic, plastic, some empty, some caressing prints and paintings, I sought out the owner, a bespectacled septuagenarian, to consult him.
"Good morning," he said.
"Ah, hello, yes," I said, "I knocked off a bank last night and I need someone to take the rap. What can you do for me?"
"I'm sorry?"
"I need you to place someone at the Wickborough branch of Barcwest yesterday for me. Otherwise I'm looking at a ten-stretch."
"I'm not sure I understand..."
"This is The Framing Centre, isn't it?"

Sorry. Been very busy at work, no time to come up with anything good. This awful joke - based on what I am going to do in a shop of the same name near where I live - was all that came into my mind.