Tales From The Ridge

Monday, June 13, 2005

Punk

The last writing challenge was 250 words on the title "Punk".

Keep it simple, keep it quick, don’t give them time to think. If you think you’re dead. You’re a puppet. No-one will even care when your vomity corpse is found under the bridge with broken ribs and a needle in its eye. Kick them, smash them, it’s the only language they understand. If you don’t you’re just another cog in their fascist machine, and I will tear out your throat and piss down your neck. I’m no dogsbody. I’m not like everybody else. I will tear out your throat and piss down your neck. Blood, sweat and tears. That’s just the speed talking. Do something, do nothing, I don’t care. Don’t wait for me. Get pissed, get off your face, get angry. Steal something from someone. Lift them up, knock them down, then stomp them into oblivion. Blood, spit and beers. The end justifies the means. Visit someone else’s misery. I’m looking at them and they’re looking at me. United we stand. Do I offend you? If you want to know more just ask. But there’s no point in asking, you’ll get no reply. If you think you’re dead you probably aren’t. How could hell be any worse? Now you’re thinking. This is a sentence. This is another. This is a third. Go ahead and laugh, it really is that easy.

The next one has a two week deadline, as Ecks has to go to Paris again for another week...it will be 350 words on "Edible Flowers".