Tales From The Ridge

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Tomatoes

One day I will found my own country, and give birth to my own religion to fit within its borders. I will create a brand new language, and I will choose letters for it that resemble the shapes of seeds found in tomatoes. I will designate the word represented by any random explosion of characters as "God", so that every time anyone cuts open a tomato, the word "God" is presented to them. People will learn that the placement of the seeds is random, and that every tomato contains the word "God", and that therefore the resemblance to the word is entirely coincidental. Then, instead of venerating the fruit until it rots they will slice it and place it into a salad, and learn to appreciate more wondrous things.

Every day, two Americans dance on fly ash. Go and watch, it's very entertaining (if a little disturbing at times).