Tales From The Ridge

Monday, December 20, 2004

Four Wheel Drive

Microfiction (300 words or less)

Ow my ears
Shelling shit no I’ve got to get out of here they’ve started shelling again
Come on start please please start yes
Mud on the windscreen can’t see
What am I thinking don’t worry about that just worry about moving for now clean it later
Shit shit not moving why aren’t we moving
Because we’re stuck in the mud that’s why so don’t rev the engine like that you bloody idiot that’ll just make it worse
Stupid stupid stupid why did you have to stop here for fuck’s sake you could’ve chosen anywhere there’s some grass over there why didn’t you stop there
Just don’t panic stay calm don’t panic that’s the key it’s four wheel drive so it should be ok just don’t push it too hard fuck that one was close
Oh shit it’s getting closer Jesus I hope we don’t get hit come on come on move you piece of shit move
That’s it that’s it there keep it like fuck that was the closest one yet keep it like that I think we’re moving now keep going
Hard right and up the slope steady steady not too fast
Yes yes back on the road now gun the engine yes I’m going to make it
Go on keep going
Ha ha they’ll never believe me back at Control can’t wait to hear what old stone face says
Steady keep it steady now don’t do anything stupid
No god no ow my ears my ears ow hot in my eye ow no no no not again Jesus that hurts fuck they’re shelling the road
Just ignore it keep going no pain no pain keep going keep driving
God oh god oh god I hope they don’t hit the jeep I hope they